Raleigh was named after
Sir Walter Raleigh, who was the sponsor of the famous Lost Colony and a prominent stateman in North Carolina's early years.
Morrisville was originally named in 1852 after Jeremiah Morris, who donated land to the railroad for a water tower, facilitating the township's expansion.
Cary was named after Samuel Fenton Cary by a farmer, Allison Frances Page, who is credited with naming Cary after an Ohio congressman that he admired.
Durham was named after Bartlett S. Durham in 1849, for donating his land for the purposes of establishing a railroad.