Free-form Mediterranean vegetable pie
It doesn't get more delicious than this free-form Mediterranean vegetable pie recipe. Cut into quarters and serve hot or cold with a side of baby rocket
2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
2 courgettes, sliced
125 g (½ punnet) cherry tomatoes
100 g feta, crumbled
50 g sliced salami, chopped
1/3 cup seeded black olives
1 tbsp olive oil
baby rocket leaves to serve
1. Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Lightly grease and line two oven trays with baking paper.
2. Cut corners from pastry to form a round. Place one on each tray.
3. In a bowl, combine sliced courgettes, halved cherry tomatoes, crumbled feta, sliced salami and olives. Add olive oil, tossing well to coat. Season to taste.
4. Divide mixture evenly over each pastry round, leaving a 4cm border. Pleat pastry around filling to form a rustic pie edge, leaving top open. Press to seal edges.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes until pastry is golden, puffed up and crisp. Cut into quarters and serve hot or cold with rocket, dressed as liked.